Southern New Mexico Surgery Center is a multi-specialty center, providing excellent care to all of our patients. Click here to learn more about the various programs.
Patient and Visitor Info
Who wants to go to a hospital? We provide an alternative to a hospital stay that can be uncomfortable and disruptive to one's routine. Click here to learn more.
Patient Rights and Responsibilities
1. The right to be treated with respect, consideration, and dignity.
2. The right to be provided with appropriate privacy.
3. The right personal privacy.
4. The right to receive care in a safe setting.
5. The right to be from all forms of abuse or harassment.
6. The right to be free from any act of discrimination or reprisal.
7. The right to voice grievances regarding treatment or care that is (or fails to be) furnished.
8. The right to be fully informed about a treatment or procedure and the expected outcome before it is performed.
9. The right to be provided, to the degree known, information concerning their diagnosis, evaluation, treatment, and prognosis. When it is medically inadvisable to give such information to a patient, the information is provided to a person designated by the patient or to a legally authorized person.
10. If a patient is adjudged incompetent under applicable state laws by a court of proper jurisdiction, the rights of the patient are exercised by the person appointed under state law to act on the patients behalf.
11. If a state court has not adjudged a patient incompetent, any legal representative or surrogate designated by the patient in accordance with state law may exercise the patientsí rights to the extent allowed by state law.
12. The right to be informed of services available at the organization.
13. The right for disclosure of fees for services provided.
14. The right for disclosure of payment policies.
15. The right to refuse to participate in research.
16. The right to change providers if other qualified providers are available.
17. The right to make informed decisions regarding the patients care.
18. The right to have information available regarding the services available at the organization.
19. The right to have information available for provisions for after-hours and emergency care.
20. The right to have information available for fees for services.
21. The right to have information available for payment policies.
22. The right to have information available for advanced directives.
23. The right to have information available for the credentials of health care professionals.
24. The right to have information available if organization has an absence of malpractice coverage.
25. The right to have information available for advanced directives.
26. The right to have information for methods for providing feedback including complaints
27. The right to voice grievances regarding treatment or care that is (or fails to be) furnished.
NM Department of Health
New Mexico Medical Review Association
PATIENTS CONDUCT, RESPONSIBILITIES, AND PARTICIPATION
1. Will provide a complete and accurate information to the best of his/her ability about his/ her health, any medications, including over the counter products and dietary supplements, and any allergies or sensitivities.
2. Will follow the treatment plan prescribed by his/her provider and participate in his/her care.
3. Will provide a responsible adult to transport him/her home from the facility remain with him/ her for 24 hours, if required by his/ her provider.
4. Will accept personal financial responsibility for any charges not covered by his/ her insurance.
5. Will be respectful of all the health care professionals and staff, as well as other patients.
News & Media
Southern New Mexico Surgery Center is a 2012/2013 National APEX Quality Award Winner.